Benchmarks & Client Cases
Design Sprints for the Checkout Area
• Uncomfortable checkout area for the customer, due to lack of space
• Low cross-selling opportunities with the current counter design
• Lack of ergonomics for checkout operator
• No extra support area to put down personal items during checkout
• Single queuing with lack of visual management is confusing to the customer
• Excess of products in an inadequate arrangement in the counter’s surrounding areas
• The counter operator needs to turn his back on the customer while doing the checkout operations
• Setting the stage: Observation of checkout operations and identification of opportunities
• Challenge definition and selection of a target customer
• Solution sketching: design of a full-scale mock-up
• Selection one solution and creation of a prototype: Test in a live environment and benefit quantification
• Solution testing with the customers: selection of a pilot store and definition of a rollout plan
The project resulted in a Sales increase of £4,730k per year by freeing up resources to assist with sales.
Average Service Time
The average service time decreased by 28%.
The sales of products in the impulse buying area increased by 40%.
Waiting area for clients
The space available for customers waiting to pay increased by 43%.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.